- You need NOT be a Veteran to join Rolling Thunder®, Inc. If you are a veteran, or in the Armed Services, and wish to display your military awards & decorations at Rolling Thunder events, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 to the Chapter President.
- We are not a motorcycle club! You do not need to own or ride a motorcycle to be a member of Rolling Thunder®, Inc.
- Members must be willing to give of their time and talents to support the on-going POW/MIA issue and be willing to volunteer time to support the mission and activities of the Chapter.
- To qualify for, and maintain annual membership as a member in “Good Standing”, you must be current in your dues and participate in a minimum of three (3) general membership meetings per year.
- You must attend and support three (3) Chapter events each year, including our major fund raising event, our Thunder Run and participate in the planning and execution of the same.
- You must abide by the National Constitution and By-Laws and be loyal in thought, word, and deed to the POW/MIA issue and to Rolling Thunder®, Inc., its’ sub–organizations, and its’ officers.
The membership of our Chapter is diverse and reflects the demographics of the local communities we serve. Our Chapter member demographics include:
- American Patriots
- Veterans & non-veterans
- Active Duty, National Guard, & Reserve personnel
- Active Duty Military retirees
- Civilian Men & women
- Motorcycle riders & non-riders
Chapter 2 - Illinois typically meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the Wauconda American Legion, Post 911, 515 S. Main St., Wauconda, Illinois at 7:30 pm. Stop in and visit us. Our general membership meetings are open to the public. Please VERIFY our meeting date/time/location by checking the calendar.